Johnston Chapel

Bloomfield, Virginia

Built in 1857 as a Methodist Chapel, Johnston Chapel was decommissioned in the mid-20th century to be come a threshing barn for orchard grass production.  Much of the architectural features were removed including the choir loft, windows, and center chandelier.  The wood floor was replaced with cement.  However, original wall paintings by Lucien Powell remain.  The chapel is undergoing long-term renovation.

Home     Projects

Jane Covington Restoration       PO Box 741  Middleburg, Virginia       434.960.4678